Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Victoria & Albert Museum

After I did a little shopping today I went to the Victoria & Albert Museum. Very similar to the British Museum-lots of artifacts. Tomorrow I think I'll try the national gallery. Anyway, enjoyed the V&A (as they call it). I must say their musuems are a bit more rickety than ours at home, or at least the Smithsonian. They could all use a bit of a renovation. I must say though, these guards had stools to sit on  too..just not fair.
Building I saw coming out of the tube. Sorry-not sure what it is 

Sculpture Hall in the V&A

Shoe on display in their Fashion Collection

Dress on display in their Fashion Collection
 view of the V&A from the courtyard
 Asian Arms 
 Another Sculpture Hall
They had a whole hallway for metal/iron work 
 Renaissance staircase
 Giant sculpture...notice the people
 They had two of these giant pillars with reliefs on them
 coffins

No comments:

Post a Comment