Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shoes!

Thursday's is the day we review the paper. So far we've been only practicing, and producing "dummy" issues, and we haven't really seen if our photographs were chosen. They haven't updated the online site much either. Next week we are going "live" so papers will be coming out, and the online site should have more things on it. We looked at the dummy today and one of the articles I took pictures for got a whole spread...including 3/4 of my pictures! I'm very excited. They mentioned they were probably going to use it in the paper next week too. I hope so! so exciting!

Anyway, so today I was given a very vague assignment. New Look ( a very popular store here) is collaborating with 5 students from the London College of Fashion to design footwear for next year. That's about all the information I had. So I went to the building that listed footwear, and I found the studios. Lots and lots of machinery. very interesting place. I happened to find two students who were chosen and got shots of one working. It was pretty cool to see how shoes are made! This article is for next weeks "live" edition, and I'm pretty confident it will get published.

Ruth Jones...one of the students chosen. She was working on a pair of interesting boots. 





Chang Seok Ko shows off shoes he was working on before the New Look project

No comments:

Post a Comment