Sunday, October 10, 2010

London's religion

While some people go to church Sunday mornings, Londoners go to markets Sunday morning. :) Today I went to three street markets that take place primarily only on Sunday, two of them only going till about 2pm. Seems to be a pretty popular thing among both tourists and locals. The first one I went to, Petticoat Lane Market, was almost entirely clothes. While at Camden Markets and Portobello markets you mostly see the same items over and over again, this one finally offered some variety. Some stalls had the "same old, same old" while others had Topshop and Miss Selfridges. It was almost like Marshalls -London Street Market style. You can't trust all the items were from the stores, but the point is, there was a huge variety in quality and style.

The next market I went to was Brick Lane Market. Known to be popular amongst London's super-trendy-indie youth. Brick Lane also had a lot of food stalls that all looked delicious mostly coming from South America, Africa, and Asia, but I had my heart set on Bagels. I did find a place, and they are delicious, rather small, but hey-portion control.

The last market I went to was, at first, a breath of fresh air. Old Spitafield's Market was actually in a rather modern area of town. The market was organized and also added variety to what I saw all day. Still crowded though, but enjoyable.

The pictures aren't very exciting...but here you go.
Lots of Clothes-Petticoat Lane Market

Some of the food stalls at Brick Lane market 
 Apparently this is how they spell "bagel" 
 Random church

 Thought this was cool-little bars for people to drink outside
 Liverpool St Train Station

1 comment:

  1. wow, what's with the Bagel spelling? I guess it's the different way of saying 'a'

    ReplyDelete