Thursday, September 23, 2010

British Museum

After I took a stroll down the street to see what's close by, I headed off to the British Museum. It reminded me of the MET but it had no art, just artifacts. I was very impressed with what they did have, but it was very similar to the things at the MET, and they had no Egyptian Pyramid. haha. I'm not sure anything can beat the MET with the huge variety of things they have there. Anyway, I saw some pretty neat artifacts from all different cultures. After the museum I headed over to Oxford St. where all the big shops are. I didn't think it would be that hectic considering it's a Thursday, but everyone in the world is shopping on that street right now. I went in all the big shops, and now I think I'll be researching where the quieter, smaller versions of them all are. It was fun, and nice to recognize the area because it's where I stayed the last few times I've been to London.

I know I've always been a bit of a hater when it comes to the DC metro, but I would love it right now. London is awesome, but their subway system is more confusing, complicated and disorganized than New York's. I feel like you go in circles, up and down stairs and down hallways and other platforms just to get to the platform you want. Half the trains are still old as anything (different ones on different lines). People are slow, and no one knows whether to walk on the left or right (that goes for the sidewalks too). Unlike DC metro, it will bring you to a million more places than DC metro ever will, so I can't complain there.

Another thing I've noticed is the food. They have a million and one options as far as candy goes, but only about 6 for cereal. They don't have any kid cereals, which really sucks. I love Lucky Charms and if you read the label,...it isn't that bad for you at all. I guess I'll just have to deal with plain cheerios that are crunchy....weird.

Ok, I've written enough, here are the pictures.
The British Museum

                  

It rained, I got to wear my puddle boots. yay! (oh and walk around with a NY yankee umbrella hahaha)

Interesting choices for food...I stuck with something familiar.

okay, see the girl in blue in the back...sitting down....that's the security/info girl for that gallery. So jealous they get to sit!!





Elephant plate!

mummies. Okay, as cool as it is that it's a real mummy, if what the Egyptians believed was true, their afterlives are currently being completely ruined and taken over. I almost find it completely disrespectful to put them on display like that, but I guess people don't believe in things like that anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Caity...you should have told me you eat Lucky Charms. You will be sad to know that the dot have Lucky Charms in the UK -- they were banned a few years back due to all of the artificial colors and sugar. Youll just have to have some sent from home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, but they have less calories than special k! damnit. i'm really bummed about the breakfast situation. they don't have yoplait light either. and I'm not really big into yogurt.

    it's all good. I need to be on a diet.

    and I just figured out this was you...lol. i added you as a friend on flickr. but I probably won't use that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. matt and i will send you a box of lucky charms! i'm sure we can figure out a way for it to not get crushed and stale on it's way to London...

    ReplyDelete